Careers In Energy
Title: Careers In Energy
Grade: 6th Grade
Duration: 5 Weeks
Science – CTE-ENGY.68.GENRL.02.05
Research and present information on an energy career including roles and responsibilities, opportunities for employment and the requirements for education and training.
English Language Arts – LAFS.68.RST.3.8
Distinguish among facts, reasoned judgment based on research findings, and speculation in a text.
English Language Arts – LAFS.K12.W.3.9
Draw evidence from literary or informational texts to support analysis, reflection, and research.
English Language Arts – LAFS.6.W.3.7
Conduct short research projects to answer a question, drawing on several sources and refocusing the inquiry when appropriate.
- Learn different types of jobs associated with energy
- Provide opportunity to research and learn how and what an individual must do to make a career out of a job
- Access to a computer
- Copy of Research Outline Form
- Go to the following website(s) to determine what job you would choose as a career. Whether a line-worker, engineer, plant operator, or utility technician; each of these jobs offer something for everyone.
- After students have decided what job in energy they would choose as a career; they will use the Research Outline Form as a guide to complete their research prior to transferring in into the proper format.
- After students will engage in a mock Career Fair sharing their information and why this career path is important.
- You can have students write the research paper in the form of a PowerPoint or an actual report which they would have to had in.
- Create a rubric to score Research Paper, mock Career Fair Presentation.