Lesson – Exploring Electrical Forces Lab
Title: Exploring Electrical Forces Lab
Grade Level: 5th Grade
Duration: 15 Mins
How does static electricity work?
- Scraps of paper from a hole punch
- Pieces of wool
- Plastic Rulers
- Place 15-20 scraps of paper from a hole punch on the table.
- Take a plastic ruler and rub it with a piece of wool.
- Bring the ruler close to the pieces of paper.
- Observe the effect the ruler has on the scraps of paper.
- What happens to the pieces of paper when the ruler is brought close to them?
- What happens to the pieces of paper when they come in contact with the ruler?
- Did you observe any unexpected results when the ruler was brought close to the paper scraps? If so,describe these results.